Work with The Couples Center
Are you passionate about couples?
The Couples Center is always looking for incredible Licensed Therapists and Associates just like you!
If you would like to be part of our community and receive great education (CEU’s), you can submit your information below, and we will save your resume on file for when we are hiring.
Because we have established a solid reputation all over the Bay Area, and we receive many calls and inquiries daily from new patients, we can help you to build up or keep your private practice full – allowing you to enjoy a steady stream of referrals, so you can focus on your work as a therapist without working hard on marketing yourself.
- LMFT, PsyD, LCSW, Ph.D., Psychological Assistant, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Sexologist, Doctor of Human Sexuality or other appropriate credentials and training:
o The licensed therapists should have relevant training in a couple’s therapy approach (see below), and experience working with couples.
o The therapist will join as a contractor and receive a percentage from clients fee.
- Associate MFT:
o As an associate, you have to be in private practice or under nonprofit (CMP, Grateful Heart, Marina, etc.).
o The Associate should have some experience in working with couples (relevant training an advantage) and interest in growing more in this area.
o Join Supervision on Monday (EB) or Thursday (SF) mornings (Associates only)
- LMFT + AMFT must have 8* available spots after 5 pm
- LMFT + AMFT must have 4 available spots before 5 pm
- Possible Saturday* openings
- Must make an 18-month commitment
- Required to attend quarterly meetings, in SF or The East Bay
- LMFT + AMFT must have your own office space to see patients
- Must assist in one Love Made Simple workshop during the contract time
Required relevant modalities:
It is very important to us that all the therapists at our center will have a solid foundation in training to working with couples, so we can stand behind our words of providing couples therapy that we all can be proud of and that we are sure is a quality method and proven to work. We will accept only therapists that have relevant training with couples, such as, but not limited to:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT)
- Gottman Method
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy for Couples (AEDP)
- Imago Therapy
- Hakomi for couples
- Others – please feel free to inquire to us with more information!
- We work on a tiered structure, so depending on how many clients you have, you will receive an average of 70% (average 60% for associate) of every client fee processed.
- We have quarterly community meetings with all our therapist and free training meetings (CEU’s).
- Our Love Made Simple retreat is a great opportunity for therapists to learn new skills and techniques – as well as gain new knowledge working with couples – by assisting and practicing with couples in real time. For licensed therapists, we provide CEU’s and associates can get 15 couples hours.
- Gal Szekely, founder of The Couples Center, also has group supervision and consult groups available for you to join.
Do you think we’d be a good match for each other?
The Couples Center is dedicated to helping couples and individuals from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and identities, to create thriving relationships, through counseling, events, and workshops. We believe in creating community and supporting each other in the therapy world. We are happy to collaborate with therapists that want to lead workshops, talks or groups in order to enrich the services for couples.